I am just sick of the long running joke that presidential politics has become. The stupid race for the White House should just start the day after the inauguration (at least that’s the way it seems to be going). It’s aggravating, it’s overly long and it distracts our country from focusing on the actions and endeavors of the current administration regardless of who is in office.
I got to thinking today how our nation had morphed into this country where more people vote in American Idol than vote in Presidential Elections even though the Presidential Election seems to be getting more and more like a bizarre reality show with each passing day.
I don’t think we could elect a Dwight D Eisenhower, Lyndon Johnson or Richard Nixon today; these men were just not telegenic enough for today’s populace for us to be comfortable electing them as our chief executive. The more I got to thinking about it, the more I realized there is one person we should draft to run in 2008 - he’s what our country needs, no... he’s the kind of leader our country wants! You heard it here first:
Vince McMahon in ’08!
No comments:
Post a Comment